Install Zoning to your HVAC System Today!
- Zoning allows you to precisely control the temperature in every room or (zone) of your home. By placing a thermostat in every room and an automatic damper in the duct controlling airflow to that room.
- Your entire home cannot be comfortable all the time. The reason, typically most homes only have 1 thermostat located in a central hallway of the house. If that thermostat is located upstairs, how are you controlling your comfort downstairs?
- Unoccupied rooms. Why waste heating & cooling on rooms no one is using? For example; it’s 10pm and you are ready for bed. No one is in the downstairs living areas so why cool or heat them? Shut them off by adding zoning and save on your energy costs.
- You wouldn’t control all the lights in your entire home with just one switch, why control the heating and cooling in your entire home with just one thermostat? Especially when heating & cooling counts for over 50% of your utility bill!
- Who wouldn’t want to save up to 30% on their monthly utility bill? With zoning, you can!
What do I need to install zoning to my existing system?
- Zone Control Panel: The Zone Control Panel is the central control that will communicate between thermostats, dampers and your HVAC equipment. It is mounted by your equipment and is the brains of the entire zoning application.
- Thermostats: Thermostats read the air temperature in each room (or zone) of your house. If the temperature is too cold or too hot for your liking, the thermostat will send a signal to the control panel to either bring on cool or warm air to that room or zone.
- Zone Dampers: Dampers are placed in your ducts to control the airflow to certain rooms (or zones) of your home. The dampers are wired to a specific zone on the control panel, which is controlled by a specific thermostat in your home. Dampers automatically open and close depending on which thermostats are calling.